CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 10, 2008

Just too good not to share

Ok, i know that i don't normally talk about this on my blog, but that's b/c i've never had something like this happen to me. but im glad it did.
As alot of you may know, Mondays are not my fave day of the week, b/c its the start of a new week and that means we have to get back into the swing of things after the weekend that i never want to end b/c of the upcoming Monday.
well this morning i had decided to make some pancakes, i was hungry and so was Abigail, the first pancake i made i forgot to spray the stuff on there to make it not stick. so i had to get the pancake off and scrape the pan. so for the second pancake i made, i put the spray on and everything, but it still stuck. so i got really frustrated. i left the pan on the stove and told Abigail that she could have the pancakes (i had lost my appetite for pancakes). she didnt want them. they weren't round enough to put syrup on them (yes, that is what she said, im not kidding). so i put them in the fridge. we fought about that for a lil while. and i got tired of Abigail trying to be the boss of me, so i called mom. i dont know what they talked about, i left the room, i knew that i would get in trouble if i didn't. so i went downstairs to find my school books. then i heard Abigail open up the fridge. a few minutes later she came downstairs (i had told her that the pancakes taste the same, at least the did to me) and walked up behind me and said "Holli, those pancakes were NASTY!!!!" so i waited a minute to calm down, then i turned around and said "Abigail...." (Abigail) "I put syrup on them, and they tasted nasty, so i threw them away" (going thru my head) "MY PANCAKES!!!! SHE THREW AWAY MY PANCAKES!!!!!!!!!!" now i didnt say that, i made myself calm down again, i said, "ok then, if you dont want those pancakes then fix you something else or just do with out" (Abigail) "NO!!! you go upstairs and make me some GOOD PANCAKES!!!!!!!!" so by that time, i was about to blow. i told her to leave my room and go do her school work, she told me no. and we did something like that for sometime, finally she went upstairs. i checked my email and my dad sends out this Monday morning praise thing. and i dont usually pay very much attention to it, i will skim thru it and be like, "ok its from the Bible, it looks cool, then i delete it, well this morning i decided to actually pay attention to it, and im really glad i did, this is what it said.

God, hear my cry; pay attention to my prayer. I call to you from the ends of the earth when my heart is without strength. Lead me to a rock that is high above me, for you have been a refuge for me, a strong tower in the face of the enemy. I will live in your tent forever, take refuge under the shelter of your wings. Psalm 61: 1- 4 HCSB

Meanwhile the disciples were urging Him (Jesus), “Rabbi, eat something.” But He said to them, “I have food to eat that you know nothing about.” So the disciples began to say to one another, “No one brought Him anything to eat, did they?” Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of the One who sent Me and to complete His work. John 4:31-34

Praise the Lord for His faithfulness in the midst of the storms of life. Regardless of our circumstances, God is faithful to sustain His children, and give encouragement through unexpected sources. Praise the Lord!

“A life lived for Christ is the best inheritance we can leave our children.”
“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would pray that I would not have a single bit of my talent left, and that I could say, ‘Lord, I used everything you gave me.’”

now if thats not God speaking then i dont know what it is, this hit me hard, and i was like, im not sure if im going to announce this, then i read my devotion and it was talking about proclaiming the great and awesome power of the LORD, so thats what im doing right now, well i have to go do my school work. ttfn


4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow isn't that just like God. i've had some things happen to me like that. it was like how could they know thats exactly what i needed?

Patty said...

Holli,
You have your hands full. :o) As your second mom I am proud of you for giving God glory and talking about His Word. His Word never returns back void and accomplishes where it is sent. I am glad that God spoke to you this morning. He is active in every detail of our lives but we have to pay attention to see where He is at work.
God fed you on His Word. I am sure your mom will have a talk with Abigail for telling you no. Teach her what God says about authority and respecting those who are in authority over us when she tells you no or doesn't do what you ask her to do. On the funny side of this, that's Abigail. LOL!! Hmmm, I wonder where she gets this from?!LOL!!
Have a great Monday and expect good things from God today! He is all about meeting every need we have but He is also about surprising His children.
Love You,
Patty

Cecelia said...

**Sniff, sniff** Thats my girl, my oldest baby girl that posted that wonderful post.
I am so proud of you Holli and how in tune to God that you are. No worries I will deal with Ms Abigail. She needs to get a grip on the fits !

Love ya girl,

Mom

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry, Holli for throwing your pancakes away and talking ugly to you
'_'

Love, Abigail